ISSF announces TV distribution deal with FOX's STAR channels
FOX network's STAR channels will broadcast the highlights of all 2013 ISSF World Cup Stages, ISSF World Cup Finals and ISSF World Championship events.
The International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) announces a new TV distribution agreement with FOX's STAR, to broadcast the highlights of the major shooting competitions of the 2013 season.
The deal includes the distribution of 26-minute highlights of the whole 2013 ISSF Shooting World Cup Series.
STAR will broadcast TV productions of this year’s 7 ISSF World Cup Stages, of the 2 ISSF World Cup Finals and the ISSF World Championship.
The agreement is a further step forward in the ISSF communication strategy aiming to the diffusion of the shooting sport on all platforms: TV, press, internet, social and mobile.
A worldwide audience of about 400 millions viewers watched ISSF competitions on TV, through the 2011 and 2012 seasons (not including the Olympic Games).
About 150 TV station from all around the world used ISSF TV footage, a production including more than 180 hours of Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun events, covering all ISSF World Cup Stages and World Championships in 2011 and 2012, as emerged from the TV Distribution Report that the ISSF received from independent analyst.
ISSF World Cup footage was also made available to the shooting sport aficionados with tailor made clips on the YouTube platform. More than 2.4 million playbacks were recorded in the last year. During the same period, about 70k fans followed the ISSF on it’s official social pages.
2013 ISSF World Cup Stages:
- 15-24 March: Acapulco, Mexico (Shotgun events)
- 2-10 April: Changwon, Korea (Rifle and Pistol events)
- 15-24 April: Al Ain, United Arab Emirates (Shotgun events)
- 4-13 May: Fort Benning, GA, USA (Rifle and Pistol events)
- 23-30 May: Munich, Germany (Rifle and Pistol events)
- 8-17 June: Nicosia, Cyprus (Shotgun events)
- 3-12 July: Granada, Spain (Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun events)
2013 ISSF World Cup Finals:
- 21-29 October: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Shotgun events)
- 6-12 November: Munich, Germany (Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun events)
2013 ISSF Shotgun World Championship
- 14-25 September: Lima, Peru (Shotgun events)