The Youth Olympic Games
- The Youth Olympic Games are organized every four years, two years after the Olympic Games
- Athletes aged between 15 and 18 years only will be eligible to compete in the Youth Olympic Games
- Only athletes who have obtained the minimum qualification scores (MQS) can qualify for the Youth Olympic Games.
Shooting events at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games
|The Shooting Sport events included in the program of the second Youth Olympic Games were 6:|
- 10m Air Rifle Men – 60 qualification shots + 20 final shots
- 10m Air Pistol Men – 60 qualification shots + 20 final shots
- 10m Air Rifle Women – 40 qualification shots + 20 final shots
- 10m Air Pistol Women – 40 qualification shots + 20 final shots
- 10m Air Rifle Mixed International Teams - 80 qualification shots + round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and finals.
- 10m Air Pistol Mixed International Teams - 80 qualification shots + round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and finals.
All these events are shot with Air Guns, to a target placed 10 meters far from the shooter.
Quota Places at the 2010 Youth Olympic Games
|80 total Quota Places are available for the 2010 Youth Olympic Games.
- 54 Quota Places will be awarded by ISSF, 24 by the IOC, 2 Quotas are granted to the hosting country
- 40 Quotas will be granted to Men, 40 Quotas will be granted to Women.
- 20 Quota Places for each event will be distributed.
- 1 Quota Place is one starting position for the Youth Olympic Games.
- The shooter who gains a Quota Place, grants a starting position for his/her country at the Youth Olympic Games.
- One shooter can only win one quota place.
Quota Distribution per Continent:
MQS (minimum qualification score) for the Youth Olympic Games
- Only athletes who have obtained the minimum qualification scoere (MQS) can qualify for the Youth Olympic Games, including candidates for NOC Universality places.
- MQS must be obtained in ISSF supervised or designated competitions or championships.
- For the 2010 Youth Olympic Games, MQS will be recorded between March 2009 and May 2010.
2010 Youth Olympic Games MQS:
Youth Olympic Games history
|It was during its session in Guatemala in July 2007 that the IOC decided to create a new sporting event to attract and involve young athletes in the Olympic movement. The Youth Olympic Games idea was born there. The first summer Youth Olympic Games edition will take place in 2010, between the 14th and the 26th of August. The Youth Games will be hosted by the city of Singapore, which has won the votes of the 105 IOC members beating Moscow in the final by 53 votes to 44.|
26 sports will be involved in the first summer Youth Olympic Games. Shooting, one of the founding sports of the modern Olympic Games, will take the challenge of this newborn international sport festival with four events, Air Pistol and Air Rifle, Men and Women, for a total of 80 participants.